Many people feel that going green is hard to do, but in fact, its one of the easiest thing you can do. There are tons of things a person can do every day to reduce greenhouse gases and cause less harm to our environment. Taking care of our planet is not only our responsibility, but its really a privilege. With that said, here are some things you can do that can help save our planet.
- Pay close attention on how you use water. These little things can make a big impact. Every time you use the water while brushing your teeth, remember to turn it off. If you got a leaky toilet, you could be wasting 200 gallons of water or more a day. So fixing that leak will really help conserve water as well as your water bill.
- Cigarette Butts are one of the most littered thing in the united states. And the worst part about it is, it takes over twelve years for a cigarette to break down. Also the smoke that comes out of a cigarette is really bad for the environment. Switching to electronic cigarettes or vaping can reduce the pollution caused by regular cigarettes as well as give you better health. E-liquid or E-juice is used in a vaping devices as a healthier alternative to smoking
- Ride your bike or walk to work, store or school. If you can find a way to not use your car for 2 days out of the week, you will reduce the greenhouse emissions by 1600 pounds a year. If you can’t do that, try to combine all your errands together as much as possible. So you won’t have to drive back and forth.
- Recycling is one of the best and easiest things you can do to help your environment. Not only will you help, but you’ll be putting money in your pocket as well. Try to get your company to start a recycling program, if a company of 8,000 workers recycled all their paper waste for a whole year, it would be the same as taking 500 cars off the road.
- Compost. Think of how much trash you create in a years time. If you can reduce the amount of waste you produce in a year will mean less space within landfills, and in turn your tax dollars can be used for something else more important.
- Reduce global Warming and save electricity by turning off any lights that are not currently being used by you. Remember only to use as much light as you only need. Also, turn off your video player, computer, stereo and television when you are done with them.